Hello and welcome to Intrepid Magazine, the go-to place for everything women in adventure.
Step 1 – Community
So we’re guessing you’re here because you want to find out what’s going on in the female adventure community – maybe jump in yourself? Great. We’d love to have you along.
First things first, sign up to our weekly bulletin (well, almost weekly – sometimes adventure happen!). They arrive every Wednesday and give you a digest of what’s going on in the adventure world, including:
- Adventures You Need to Hear About
- Stories and content we love
- Pathways into adventure
- Up Skill and Events, Opportunities, Competitions
- Team Intrepid News – what’s going down in the magazine community
So pop your name in the box below 👇
Groovy. Welcome to Team Intrepid 🙂
Now we’ve also got a Facebook Group where you can chat with other adventurous women – and share your content if you’re a blogger, podcaster, writer, filmmaker, amateur photographer… you get the deal. Never know, you might also find some adventure buddies in here.
Step 2 – Voice
We started Intrepid Magazine to give a voice to female adventurers. Not that they didn’t have one already, but they were often portrayed through another medium (you know the headlines “This Woman Did a Crazy Thing – Can You Believe It?!”). We wanted to cut out the middle man and create a platform where a whole spectrum of female voices could have their say.
So, have a really good think – what do you have to say? Because you’ve probably got something you can tell the world of adventure – whether it’s sharing skills you have, adventures you’ve done or your unique perspective. If you’re reading Intrepid Magazine we’re 99% sure you could be sharing an article too.
The magazine has a few main sections:
- Inspire – adventure stories. I went here and did this. It was awesome/hilarious/disastrous (delete as appropriate)
- Insight – sharing skills, tips and practical advice. Ever wondered about starting [insert adventurous activity] or what it’s like to be [insert adventurer/career]?
- Pathways – these are long term, even lifetime journeys. Stories of personal change, development, emotions through adventure. They’re deeper than the inspire section.
- Comment – your voices and opinions on topics in the world of adventure.
Then we’ve got some smaller – but still very important categories:
- Gear – we love gear. We love it so much we let our subscribers test it instead of an elite test team.
- Reviews – yes, gear, but also books, events, films…
- News – if there’s a press release you need to hear about, we pop it in here. That includes adventure announcements and relevant opportunities.
- Interviews – chatting to adventurous women in the field.
- Creative – look here for poems and more artsy content.
Phew! That’s a lot! And we bet you could tell the world something in one of those categories. In fact, we’d encourage you to! Check out our Contributors page to find out more. Most of our articles are contributed by wonderful people like you. We do also commission Feature articles, kindly supported by our subscribers.
If you’re an adventurer trying to publicise an adventure, or someone trying to launch an event, competition, group – drop us a line. We might be able to help.
Step 3 – Support
We’ve mentioned subscribers a bit above. It’s by the power given to us by subscribers that we can keep this magazine running. The more people subscribe, the more features we can commission, the more adventurous women we can support and the more we can develop this community into something awesome.
Of course, subscribers get things back too! If you sign up for a monthly subscription you get all sorts of cool things – like the ability to test gear for us (and keep it!), access to 1200+ pages of online library and plenty more. If that sounds exciting, head over to this page and have a look.
On flip side of this, if you’ve got a brand/book/product/event that would benefit from being featured to our subscribers, get in touch. Particularly if you’re a small independent venture – we love supporting you however we can.
Hmm well we don’t think we’ve missed anything – that’s a pretty solid primer to Intrepid Magazine, who we are and what we stand for. If you’ve got any questions, you can reach out to [email protected] and we’ll try our best to answer.
Stay Intrepid! x